Industrial Braking Systems
Hindon is a leading provider of industrial brakes and industrial braking systems designed to meet the unique needs of our customers’ applications.
Whether you are designing new equipment or retrofitting an existing braking system, we’ll provide a solution tailored to the specific needs of your application.
Through thoughtful design informed by decades’ worth of experience and the use of high-quality components, our industrial braking systems are cost-effective without sacrificing performance, reliability, or safety.
We’ll work with you to define the technical requirements of your application and determine what brakes could do the job. With a range of industrial brakes including various types of caliper brakes, thruster brakes, and drum brakes, we help you weigh design trade-offs and select the right brake for your needs.
When things get complicated, our engineering team provides a range of technical services including 3D CAD modeling and Finite Element Analysis to ensure our industrial braking system will work exactly as expected.
As part of our industry leading service and support, we stock commonly used industrial brakes and parts, perform warrantied repairs, and have a dedicated technical team to help you troubleshoot and solve problems in the field.
- Industry Experience: We’ve seen a lot over the last 35 years and our customers benefit from our deep understanding of industry and application specific challenges. From more common applications like crane brakes in steel mill industry or hoist brakes in a port environment to truly innovative solutions like our automatic cooling tower brakes, we provide cost-effective solutions that work.
- Customer Support: We provide wide ranging support services for our customers. From everything between performing detailed technical analysis for an OEM designing new equipment to stocking replacement product and shipping same-day, we take a comprehensive view of supporting those who rely on our brakes.
- High Quality Components: Our industrial braking systems utilize components designed and manufactured by Hindon and those sourced from our trusted partners, enabling us to deliver high performance custom solutions. Because safety and reliability are so important when it comes to fail-safe brakes, we never compromise on the quality of our industrial brakes and thrusters.
Industrial Brakes by Type
Our industrial brakes are designed for applications where a safety device is needed to prevent uncontrolled operation of industrial machinery. Broadly known of as fail-safe brakes, our brakes serve as holding brakes, e-stop brakes, safety brakes, and service brakes.
Ideal for applications that require high torque levels, high rubbing speeds, and don’t have challenging space constraints.
Our braking systems incorporate several types of industrial disc brakes including caliper disc brakes (fixed and floating) and linkage-style thruster disc brakes.
Ideal for applications where the torque requirement isn’t quite as high, shaft speed is lower, or where space constraints limit your ability to use a disc brake.
Our drum brakes are available in a range of sizes and can be released by electrohydraulic thruster, hydraulic, pneumatic, or electromagnetic operation.
Industrial (Fail-Safe) Brakes by Actuation
Our industrial fail-safe brakes are spring applied such that when there is power to the brake, the brake is released (or held open). When the fail-safe brake is turned off or power is lost, the spring engages the brake. There are several ways to release a spring applied fail-safe brake:
Electrohydraulic Thruster Released Brakes
- High duty cycle/operations per hour
- Wide range of torque adjustability
- Passive adjustable time delay available for shock-free operation
Electromagnetic Solenoid Released Brakes
- Quick operation
- Adjustable torque
- Hydraulic fluid not required
Hydraulically Released Brakes
- Higher torque range
- Safety brakes: emergency stop braking on the output shaft
- Compact design for smaller spaces
Pneumatically Released Brakes
- Low to mid-range torque
- Used as holding or service brakes
Commitment to service and support
Hindon is dedicated to providing comprehensive support for our products and the people who depend on them. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, our goal is to provide the right equipment for your application and to keep your product in top shape for its full lifecycle. If you’re not sure which product is right for your application, call or chat with one of our sales engineers.