Hindon is a leading provider of industrial brakes and industrial braking systems with a specific focus on high performance fail-safe brakes. We work with OEMs and end users in a variety of industries to determine the ideal braking system for their unique application and needs.
We believe selecting a fail-safe brake that will keep your team and operation safe is just the beginning. We’ll work with you to determine the technical requirements of the application and what brakes will do the job. After that, we help you weigh trade-offs between these industrial braking systems to select the right brake for your needs. Lastly, we pride ourselves on providing comprehensive service and support, which is why we stock commonly used industrial brakes and parts and perform warrantied repairs.
At Hindon, we strive to deliver the best industrial braking solution designed for your application’s unique requirements and to meet your unique goals.
- Industry Experience: We have the benefit of over 35 years experience providing industrial disc and drum brakes for a wide range of industrial applications. This experience enables us to truly understand the nuances of your application, share what has worked well in similar applications, and help you select the best industrial brake.
- Custom Design: Whether working with OEMs building new equipment or end users looking to retrofit their existing equipment, our engineers will help you weigh the trade-offs of different types of brakes and can design a fail-safe braking system that meets your specific goals.
- Trusted Relationships: Our relationships with a range of industrial brake companies make us uniquely able to deliver the best, most cost-effective braking system for your application. As every application and situation is different, we can be objective in helping you specify the best industrial brake your needs.
Industrial Brakes by Type
Designed for applications that require safety devices to prevent uncontrolled operation, such as conveyor drives, cranes, hoists and winches, and bulk material processing equipment.
We offer a wide range of high performance industrial caliper disc brakes including fixed and floating caliper brakes.
Designed for holding and e-stop applications that don’t generate extreme heat or high shaft speed in normal operation.
Our drum brakes are available in a range of sizes and can be released by electrohydraulic thruster, hydraulic, pneumatic, or electromagnetic operation.
Fail-Safe Brakes by Type (Actuation)
Fail-safe brakes bring an industrial system to rest and prevent uncontrolled operation or movement.
Fail-safe brakes are spring applied so that when the brake is on, the brake is released (i.e., held open). When the fail-safe brake is turned off, or power is lost, the spring engages the brake. There are several ways to release a fail-safe brake:
Electrohydraulic Thruster Released Brakes
- High duty cycle/operations per hour
- Wide range of torque adjustability
- Passive adjustable time delay available for shock-free operation
Electromagnetic Solenoid Released Brakes
- Quick operation
- Adjustable torque
- Hydraulic fluid not required
Hydraulically Released Brakes
- Higher torque range
- Safety brakes: emergency stop braking on the output shaft
- Compact design for smaller spaces
Pneumatically Released Brakes
- Low to mid-range torque
- Used as holding or service brakes
Commitment to service and support
Hindon is dedicated to providing comprehensive support for our products and the people who depend on them. From initial consultation to inspection, maintenance, and repair services, our goal is to provide the right equipment for your application and to keep your product in top shape for its full lifecycle. If you’re not sure which product is right for your application, call or chat with one of our sales engineers.